Grain-Free (Paleo) Stuffing
Grain free, gluten free, dairy free
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Heavy bottomed skillet
Baking dish (optional)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 1-2 cups mushrooms cremini or portobello
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tsp poultry seasoning or italian blend or use 1/4 cup fresh herbs like sage, thyme and rosemary (I like to use both dried and fresh)
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs or use 3 tbsp of ground flax to 9 tbsp of water; whisk until mixture thickens
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add ghee to heavy bottomed skillet and saute celery, onion, carrot, garlic and mushroom together until soft.
Remove pan from heat and stir in almond flour, egg or flax mixture, herbs and seasoning. Mix well.
Place mixture in baking dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until dish is browned on top and cooked through.
Garnish with parsley.